2014 Joint Social Studies Annual Conference
This conference is a joint venture between these Michigan associations:
- Michigan Council for the Social Studies
- Michigan Center for Civic Education
- Michigan Council of Economic Education
- Michigan Geographic Alliance
Thursday, November 6 - Friday, November 7, 2014
Best Western Plus Hotel
6820 S Cedar Street
Lansing, MI 48911
Room reservations can be made by contacting the hotel at (517) 694-8123. Mention group code MCSS1114 to receive the reduced rate of $98.50 + taxes
Interested in presenting at the conference? Click here for the online presenter application. Please submit before September 15, 2014.
Registration is now open. Click here to register online.
- Keynote Talk on Thursday, November 6: Superintendent Flanagan, Michigan Department of Education
- Panel Discussion on Friday, November 7: The Detroit Bankruptcy
Moderated by Detroit Free Press business and investigative journalist, Nathan Bomey, panelists include the Honorable Chief Judge Gerald E. Rosen, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, along with other business and community leaders.
- Roundtable Discussions for teachers to make recommendations for revisions of the Michigan Social Studies content expectations.
|Member Full Conference||$160|
|Member Half Day-Thursday Only||$80|
|Member One Day-Friday Only||$115|
|Non Member Full Conference||$200|
|Non Member Half Day-Thursday Only||$120|
|Non Member One Day-Friday Only||$155|
|Student Member Full Conference||$60|